Monday, August 23, 2004

TRIAL BY FIRE!

The Bad Puppies had their end of the season bash this weekend. It was Saturday and Trixie planned EVERYTHING! All I had to do was fill out the thank you cards, put pickles in the little dish and pick up some ice... WOO HOO!

Cute Mikey agreed to subject himself to the torture and meet my friends and team members. He was great! He helped set-up, chatted with whomever was nearby, and always had a smile waiting for me when our eyes met. That's cool!

I got a lot of compliments on CM which made me feel really good about asking him to come with. CM also had good things to say about everyone and was especially impressed with a few of my closest peeps. That's very cool!

I had a blast at this party! I love my team! I can't wait until next season, because many people are very excited to play again. I also laid out some traveling plans. Most everyone was SUPER excited to hear we will most likely travel to another city for a tournament. Chicago, D.C., Seattle, Orlando... Any of those would do!

We finally left the party around 8pm and I had to head home and feed the girls. They were SUPER excited to see me, but I had to kennel them and head out to Marla's b-day party at Chino Latino. I had my standard Uncle Pho (mmmmm... watermelon martini) while I was there and we were entertained by the white trash, lumpy-boobed whores that cam in and sat next to us... I don't think they realized we were gay. George, Carlos, CM and myself. Hmmm... I think a blind man could have figured that out!!

OH!! CM also passed the Marla test. This is good!

It ended up being a long day, but when it was all said and done: It was another GOOD day!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree!!! This weekend was EXCELLENT! Having a chance to relax and enjoy a moment with good friends is always a plus, and not having that "softball" thing get in the way of my smoking & drinking ( not that it ever really did ) was also sheer heaven. The food fixed up inside & on the outdoor "light the backyard on fire" BBQ was fantastic!!! MAJOR props to those of you who set the whole thing up, especially to Trixie for offering up his new home for the event. Thank You.

And now on to this friends impression of "Cute Mikey".

If this guy could be more well-rounded I'd really like to know how. He was polite, funny, knew how to throw a "zinger" without being insulting, was able to chime in on a few of the show tunes ( has potentially a great singing voice when he let it join in.....it didn't happen often ) AND knew which shows they were from and what venues were good to see them in. He listened ( or at least gave the most excellent impression of listening ) to your conversation when you were speaking to him and never once cut someone down for thier opinion, even if it happened to differ from his own. He spoke of his background, his family, and his home town in such a way that actually Made you want to listen. He knows exactly where he is at in his life, and has great hopes for the future. I see GREAT things for this new rookie on the team and if you'd like to know my opinion, I ENDORSE this kid for the major leagues entirely. Sign him up to a long term contract Smitty, 'cause this ones a keeper.

Justice G. "Keeping the peace"