Monday, August 16, 2004

Give up the pups?

Well... The dreaded topic came to the surface this weekend. In order for me to find a place, I will either give up the girls to another loving family, or somehow try and find a place for them to live while I 'sofa-surf' and try to find a place for all three of us.

I REALLY don't like thinking about it, but it had to be thrown out on the table; it's an option. However, my mother REALLY didn't like that option and started calling on my sisters for some help. She (all on her own; I had NO idea) called my oldest sister and brother-in-law and talked to them about maybe taking the pups in while I try to find a place to live.

so, I get a call after brunch on Sunday and she proceeds to tell me that my brother-in-law would be very disappointed if I didn't ask for help. She said that he knows the bond between puppy and owner and how much money I've invested in these two to let me surrender them. I was apprehensive because, to me, making these plans mean that I have failed in finding a place for my 'family'. I hung up the phone with my Mom and about 30-seconds later my Sister calls.

She said that she and Terry talked and they'd take the pups until I could find a place for all of us. She mentioned that they can't help me out with $$$, but this IS something they could help out with. And during this whole conversation I'm trying to hold back tears.

I still have to move, but I can now take a little more time looking for a place. *WHEW*

So, if you have a sofa that I could crash on for a few days, let me know. It'd be helpful.

Keep your fingers crossed that I can find a place and find a roomie to share it with... I hope this stress goes away soon!!

1 comment:

A BOY & HIS TOY said...

Good luck Smitty! I had to give up my pup Coby about two years ago due to the new roommate and new complex not being well with it and I MISS HIM EXTREMELY. He was def there to cheer me up when I was down and to play around when we were both in a playful mood. He went with a family with a yard and another dog so I kept (keep) telling myself it was for the best. -Jason