Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Incredibly FUCKING Ignorant

So, as you all know I'm looking for a roomie. I have been working the Roommates.com ads for DAYS and I'm noticing a trend...

A few minutes after sending an e-mail to a prospective MALE roommate (the females don't do this), I notice their ad is updated to exclude 'gay male' from their choices for potential roommates.

Ummm... HELLO?!? I want to share a home with you not hump you. Sheesh... At least reply to my e-mail like a non-shallow, considerate human... Oh yeah, grow some BALLS too!

Disclaimer: I am working under the assumption that I am not totally repulsive or look like a sexual-offender...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, honey, trust me... you're NOT, you're NOT!

Anonymous said...

Clearly, you're not repulsive, darling! And just be grateful that the bigotted breeders don't want to live with you. Any roommate that doesn't like the occasional humpage has issues...

Wanda Wisdom

Chris said...

There are a lot of people out there with issues. My partner at one point needed to have a roommate in order to keep the place that he was living in. He put an ad in the local gay newspaper. It seemed like the people who replied to his ad should really be looking in the personals section. He was looking for a roommate, not a sexual relationship.

Don't worry you're not repulsive. Good luck on your quest to find a place.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's annoying when searching for roommates to have to ask the question, "I'm gay -- do you have a problem with that?"

But it's kind of fun to hear their responses.

Aaron