Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Home-hunting...

Well... The lower level duplex is HUGE... Here's the skinny:

It was constructed in a circular pattern. That means you need to go through one of the bed rooms to get to the bathroom. Not too big of an issue. The rooms are nice-sized and the one has a walk-in closet. The kitchen has TONS of storage space, but it's kind of a time-warp when you go it. I'm not sure what decade it's from, but it's definitely dated. They said they would be update next summer, but that's not a huge issue for me.

It has a dining room with the 'bay' style window in it. It's beautiful and the living room is a decent size too. One of the best features it the 3-season porch out front. It's nice, the screens are in good condition... I could sit down at 5pm when I got home and watch the ba-zillion people zoom by... Besides the dogs would LOVE it... Kinda like a little play room for them!!

They also were going to throw in the garage if I took care of the lawn care and the snow shoveling and just kept an eye out for other things that might need some attention. I'd like that. I do it now anyway.

Also, downstairs past the laundry facility, it a locked room. We went down there and it has a small finished 2-room area. They said it'd be part of the 1st floor unit and would be available for my use. It'd make a PERFECT game room or TV room.

They have no problems with the pups, so this place would be ideal if I only had a roomie.

The landlords were pretty skittish when I told them I'm looking for a roomie to move in with. They also said that if I signed the lease, I would be responsible for the roomates portion of the rent.

I thought most leases were written where it was a contract with the individual. If the individual needs out of the lease or cannot pay, then they can take them to court. I could make arrangements to pay the first month's rent myself, but I don't think I could pay that much on a consistent basis...

Also, they said they could be out by the 15th which the said was a standard 'preferred' move-in date. Excuse me? Why do the truck rental places have NOTHING for rent at the end of the month? Because everyone is moving on the 15th??? I don't think so.

Hmmm... I'll prolly get turned down just based on the fact that I do not have a roommate lined up. Grrrrrr...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, Cute Mikey (CM) came along last night to check it out with me and be my bodyguard in the event they went psycho. The man was kind effeminate, but apparently they were married. I think there is a green-card involved. He ain't buying what she's selling, if you know what I mean.
One of the first questions out of his mouth was: 'So, are you two a couple?' Fucker has gaydar. That's a RARE gift among straight people.

I said, 'We don't know what to call it yet.' CM smiled. Later when we were watching T.V., CM said, 'I like what we have going on here.'

That made me feel good. I'm hoping it has to do more with what's inside rather than what's on the outside. Only time can tell on that one.


1 comment:

A BOY & HIS TOY said...

Wow! Sounds like an awesome place.. good luck with the roommate finding. I'm surprised you haven't received more hits. I was truly looking for a str8 girl roommate cause all the gay male roommates I've had have turned into total flakes and bailed on me. Hope you don't have to go through that.
Awww---in ref to CM. Totally cute!!!-Jason