Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Monday-night Blues

So... My landlord told me he was selling the house and I needed to move. He also said he'd follow up with written notice and an e-mail.

To this day I haven't received either, but last night I wrote him an e-mail asking for clarification. He said that his voicemail was my notice and I'm expected to be out by the end of August. I just find it funny how I am required to give him 30-days WRITTEN notice on moving out, but he can just leave a voicemail and that's supposed to be hunky-dory? He did offer to let me stay until the 4th for an extra $50 dollars... Wow, so kind...

I was under the assumption that this was the case and I'm looking at a 2BR lower-level duplex this week. It's big, got a 3-season porch and is over in the Powderhorn area. The current owner LOVES pets and is anxious to meet the pups. I will need a roomie, so if you know of anyone, please send them my direction. E-mail.

I hope this works out. I hope I can stay there for a couple of years without any issues. The girls have moved WAY too many times in the past year. Each place brings a new routine, which isn't good for pups. :-(

Please, keep me in mind if you hear of someone (who's not TOTALLY PSYCHO) who needs a place to live.

Later Gaytors!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

watch out for those crappy landlords...he's not gonna hold on to your deposit now, is he? -little debb

Smitty said...

If he does I'll just play fetch inside with the pups... that's cause $$$ worth of damage... :-)

Anonymous said...

Under Minnesota law your landlord must provide you with written notice abiding by the terms of the original lease you both signed. Usually notice must be given in writing 30 - 60 days before the expected move-out date. You should fight this--your landlord is being a total fucking asshole. Know your rights.


http://www.ag.state.mn.us/consumer/housing/lt/LT_1.htm

A BOY & HIS TOY said...

I found my roommate on roommates.com and I totally love her and have never had one like her before. Try it! ;) -Jason

Smitty said...

Thanks Jason!

I'm already signed into that...

Anonymous said...

I also found my roommates on roommates.com, and I love 'em.

BUT!

When I first moved here, I moved in with a guy in St. Paul who turned out to be a psycho. Stayed there a week and moved. Not fun.

So make sure you meet the person before you move in. (As most normal people would do anyway.)

Aaron