Thursday, August 05, 2004

Last night:

I had a GREAT night last night (minus one event, but that'll come later). I took off of work a couple of hours early and headed home to clean-up the house, wear the dogs out a bit, and fold the 3 baskets of laundry I've been avoiding.

Mikey called me about 3:15pm and said he was standing outside my bullding and wanted to say 'Hi.' this was VERY sweet, but I had already left and was almost all the way to my car (about 1 mile away from work). He said he had some things to get done so I told him to just give me a call when he's on his way over and I'd start dinner.

He called around 7pm and said he was on his way, so I started to whip up the pasta and meat sauce. I set-up an end-table in the living room and set the table (since I don't have a dining table) and also lit a little candle.

He brought over a bottle of wine which we couldn't drink because, when one of the two roomies moved out they must have claimed it and taken it with them...

Anyway, food was good, he complimented me and gave me a smooch. *SWOON*

I noticed it was AWFULLY quiet outside so I decided to check on the girls. I noticed the gate was open and both had vanished. PANIC ATTACK! I ran the span of 4, full city blocks in about 3 minutes... Checked out the park down the street... Nothing.

I was SO freaked out and in my own demented way I thought 'At least it'll be easier to find a new place to live...' Bad dad! BAD DAD!

So... I'm running down the street and working on the next block, trying to find the pups... I'm yelling and whistling... And I turn the corner an they they are... INSTANTLY they drop to the ground begging for mercy because they KNOW the shit has hit the fan!!

Turns out 4 scrawny, black kids were messing around in the street and saw the pups. They opened the gate to play with them (because in my neighborhood, you apparently don't ask permission first). The got scared of them and started running. A woman that lives on the end of one of the alleys stopped the kids and got some treats for the girls... Kept them entertained and SAFE.

So... That moment of DRAMA aside, Mikey and I stayed in (rather than walking the dogs because they just got a good run in), talked about stuff that interests us, and then we put in Rules of Attraction.

Smooched a bit... Ok, A LOT and then moved his motorcycle into the garage. He stayed overnight and it felt SO good to snuggle with him. There was no sex involved, but it was nice just to sleep with, cuddle and make out with a sexy man (and know that it's NOT a one-nighter).

He couldn't believe that I had to get up at 5:30am to get my day started, but enjoyed snuggling with the pups while I ran down an got ready for work.

He's a sweet man. I'd really like to spend more time with him. We have another date for Saturday night, but I don't know if I can wait that long. Mikey is one of the BEST kissers I have encountered. :-) I like that...




No comments: