Monday, August 02, 2004

Softball is Over

Well... the Bad Puppies put up a fight, but it wasn't enough to beat the Raptors or the Sterlings.

We had a GREAT season for a start-up team! 8-12 for the season and two of those losses were because we chose to walk in that AIDS walk. WOOT! Way to go PUPS!

Already everyone's wheels are turning for next year and many people have made suggestions on how the team should be run, who should/shouldn't play, and sponsor talk.

We had our softball banquet last night. It was nice. They had it at the Nicollet Island Pavillion and the food they served up wasn't all that bad! I rememeber having it at the Millenium hotel and the food was AWFUL and they always ran out!

Got a chance to meet Aaron this weekend. He's a cutie AND can play some ball. Their team did very well and took 2nd in their division. Check out the fundraiser they'll be having!

I'm sad it's over because I won't see some of the softball boys until next year, but I'm also glad it's done because I get my Sundays back again. Being the coach/manager this year was a blast, but next year (provided I dont get impeached) I'll have to delegate some of the responsibilities out to some of the players.

KNOW THIS: The Bad Puppies WILL return for another season!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I am glad that ball is over as well, and for the first few weekends it will be great. However I know for a fact that I will miss seeing, hanging out with, and most of all playing with the team. We had a great run this season and I am so sure and even better one next season. I know that I will be a partner in helping you with the coaching and call list, etc.. for next season. Most of all I am going to miss seeing and flirting with you. I am so glad that I came on the team to gain friends and you as a friend as well. We will stay in touch, LOL You think you could get rid of me that easy, or even want to...... Ron

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that you took home the MVP award for your team. Congratulations!

It's very cool that you chose the AIDS walk over a couple of games. It's good to have perspective on things.

Thanks for the shoutout. It was good meeting you... You have cute dogs -- and a great smile that always seems to be there.

Aaron