Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Who's a freakshow? Oh, that'd be me...

So... Last night I worked at Target (my last Tuesday night, they approved my schedule change *cue happy dance*) and we just got slaughtered so I was there until 10:45pm. I didn't get home until 11pm, then had to play with the pups and unwind a bit...

I crawl into bed, double-check the alarm, kiss the pooches and lay my head down to sleep. The next thing I remember is I'm walking through a park. It was the park that was across the street from my former partner's house. It was dusk or dawn and wasn't very bright. I remember the lights in the park were still on. The park was completely empty and I'm not entirely sure why I was there, but as I walked past the basketball court, I was stopped by a young, black man. He was asking me how I was doing and seemed like a nice, normal person. All of a sudden, BAM! I'm being attacked by a few other guys while the other guy watched.

I woke up.

I was a little freaked out by this because I DO NOT EVER remember my dreams. If I do, it's not a whole lot of detail... When I lived over there, I had a friend over for dinner and 3 of us went for a walk in the park. It was broad daylight and we're just having a nice little walk. Teo punks started following us and one threw a couple sticks at us. They got closer, said something about 'faggotty-ass white boy' and then we knew we were in trouble. We tried to get out of the park and head back home, but they caught up with us and decked my friend in the jaw and knocked him out... it was an INCREDIBLY scary experience. --  This was a while ago and I'm not sure if the dream is related, but if it is, why am I rehashing it now???

So, I check to see if I have two black labs sleeping next to me. One, two... YUP, they're still here... Kissed them both, and I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep again...

*POOF*  I'm awakened and being watched by a guy from the gym. He's about 5' 8", and very muscular. He's got a little goatee and a shaved head. I have always thought he was attractive, but didn't play in my sandbox. He was just standing there... Watching me sleep. Smiling.  -- this one happened like 3 times last night... I would close my eyes and there he'd be... Then I'd wake up.

It was so incredibly weird...


1 comment:

A BOY & HIS TOY said...

Wow.. I've had weird dreams like that too!

I usually can go back to bed and continue them if I want and they are good.

Jason