Friday, July 16, 2004

Small Gay World

So, I've been hanging out on gay.com when I'm not at Targay, walking the pups or at my full-time job. Just chatting, looking at the RARE cute boys, saying 'Hi' to them then being ignored... *SIGH*
 
Anyway, there has been this guy who I thought was VERY cute, but just never said anything to. I saw him out at the Underground last Saturday and he actually looked really good in person too. We made eye contact and he smiled big, but me being the chicken-shit that I am just kept on dancing and pretty much let the guy get away.
 
So, back to gay.com. I was online Wednesday after softball practice and Porters. I see him online when I log in and decide to take the plunge. He actually says 'Hi' back. *GASP* I'm thinking 'SHIT! What do I do now? I'm used to being ignored!' So I issue the standard: 'What's up?' 'How ya doing?' 'Where ya from?' 'What do you do?'
 
-- Out of the blue he says, 'I know you from Elk River.' WTF, MATE? Elk River is where I grew up and went to high school. Turns out that in my senior year, I was the 'Mayor' in the Pied Piper of Hamlin, A musical (not a pretty moment for me... my Mom came to one of the shows and I TOTALLY forgot the words... oops). This kid was the 9th grader hired to play the piano for the show. Apparently, he had a HUGE crush on me and now he seems to think I'm still cute. 
 
*shrugs*
 
He's a cutie, so it'll be good to catch up and find out more about him. Told him to send me an e-mail and he said the same thing... So I did and no response...
 
Mucho Bizarro!

2 comments:

Loki's Concubine said...

Woohoooo! Isn't it great when people you're interested in think you're cute? LOL. Good job and hope things work out for you!

Anonymous said...

I am such an idiot. I totally saw you at softball today and I even saw you had "Smitty" on your jersey and didn't put 2 and 2 together until just now. Doy. I'm the freakishly tall guy who plays for Jitters.

I like your blog. See you around.

Mighty
(mighty.typepad.com)