Monday, July 12, 2004

Can I get a WOOT WOOT?!?

WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND!!

I learned a lesson tho: Check blogs over the weekend! I missed SparklesMPLS at Wilde Roast on Saturday... :-(

I didn't have to work at the Targay, got to walk the pups 6 miles (I thought Akima was gonna drop-kick my ass into the lake), saw a friend from out-of-town, and met some cute-ass boys!!

Friday night I had a date with a friend of a friend. He's HELLA-sexy and an INCREDIBLY smart/informed man. I was intimidated by him. We went to downtown Hopkins and had dinner at Chipotle. It was good food, good company and a FUCKING beautiful evening!! We went back to his place and talked about where he had moved from and some of the stuff he did down there. He's a talker, so good thing I'm a listener, huh? :-) He's definitely someone I want to get to know...

I surrendered my shift at Target on Saturday and I think it was one of the BEST things I could have done for my soul. I got to sleep in until 10:30am and then cleaned my room and did some laundry. Went out to Calhoun and did one lap and got a call from George saying he and Jer were on the way. *DING, DING* ROUND 2!! The girls were SERIOUSLY disgruntled with me about a third of the way around. They made it and I don't think I have EVER heard Yuna snore as long as she did!

I crashed (accidentally) while making my bed... And woke up around 8pm... Had to call M-boy and explain why I missed dinner plans. SO I got jazzed up and called George and he pulled some 'I'm tired' crap on me so I made plans with Carlos to meet up at Fridays.

Marla had just gotten off work so it was AWESOME to hang with her. We went over to Copelands and had dinner and cocktails. Carlos and I continued over to the Underground.

I like it! My only issue with it (besides the smell of 'tina'-sweat once the circuit boys hit the floor) is that I couldn't see anyone... It's a non-smoking bar and they fill it with theatrical fog. I could have been standing 4 feet from Brad Pitt and I would not have known. Oh well... At least it's not smokey-smokey. I went upstairs for a friend to smoke and almost choked on the cigarette smoke at the top of the stairs...

DJ Richard Cawood was spinning that night and I have known him for quite some time. He did a PHENOMENAL job and I'm VERY proud of him. He actually came out to softball on Sunday and I got a chance to sit and chat with him. I miss hanging with him. Needs to happen more often.

Let the bar (alone) at a decent hour and got home safely. Cuddled up with my babies and went to sleep. CRASH! BANG! ZAP! Fucking storm! It was SO loud Yuna was freaking out... Therefore, I can't sleep with a 60 pound black lab trying to sit on my head. So at 3:50am I'm trying to get my neurotic little companion to cool her jets while her sister snores away on the end of the bed.

Anyway... Softball got ALL screwed up because of the rain, but they moved the games to some GREAT fields over by the Quarry in NE Mpls. I wish we could play there ALL the time. We got stomped by the Rators (I had to pitch... 'nuf said) and had to reschedule the 2nd game because some of the team members couldn't make it because of work conflicts.

I met up with a guy named Kyle for coffee (Italian soda for him; smoothie for me). He's a cool guy but I'm not sure how to take him yet... He lives VERY well and I've had too many POOR experiences with people who have money... I dunno... Need to hang with him some more to see what he's all about.

Also set-up dinner plans with a cutie-patootie for this evening... More on that one tomorrow!!

I'm done for now. Laters!



1 comment:

Cindi said...

Sounds like a well deserved fabulous weekend!

Hell, I was playing in that storm. Guess you gotta be drinking until 4 a.m. to appreciate and play in it?! Or it could just be that I was a lil' on the tipsy side. he he he