Thursday, October 07, 2004

Laughing and Playing

What a BEAUTIFUL day to walk into work. The temperature was just right.

It was still dark when I parked the car, but when I crossed the street and entered Loring Park: dawn began to break...

The air was cool and still. Various sounds floated through the air as I walked around the pond.

The geese were lounging around and telling jokes. It must have been a funny one, because all of them burst into laughter at the same time... The only thing that crossed my mind was "AFLAC!" I chuckled quietly to myself and continued around the pond.

I came across the bunnies and sparrows playing a game similar to hide and go seek... The bunnies would scurry to new places to hide and the sparrows would fly right to them as if they were peeking while counting to ten. I imagined the sound of kids giggling and laughing outloud while running around the park...

A happy-go-lucky beagle was trotting through the park with his master taking in all the scents and sounds. Tail a-wagging, he greeted me panting and happy as ever. We connected for that moment; sharing the joy of each other's presence. Then it was time to go and continue on my way to work.

It was as if the wildlife was celebrating the break from the cold and I feel very lucky to have shared in that celebration.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't quit your day job. I've seen better writing from a 3rd grade girl.

Smitty said...

To Rude Anon Person:

If you cannot comment in a more constructive manner, please do not come back to my site. Ever.

This place is for me to share with the people who want to know what's going on in my life and who want to help me get better at some things.

So, please: STAY AWAY!

eric said...

Yo, Smitty... great post. I liked it. And I think this "anonymous" person is a nitwit of the highest order. Actually, I totally pitty "anonymous". Going through life so bitter... and they obviously feel very inconsequential in life, if they have to get their jollies by putting folks down.

In the end... you wrote a great post. You usually do!

aka eric

Anonymous said...

You know I love posts like this, as I write more than my fair share...

Great images. You captured the moment well.

Aaron