Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Miss me?

Hullo!!

How y'all doing? I feel like it's been forever since my last post!

I left Friday morning and headed to Milwaukee with 3 friends for a softball tournament. The Milwaukee Tourney is a BLAST and we had 5 teams from MPLS playing. We got in pretty early (around 1pm on Friday) and then just waited for everyone to get there. As we were travelling, we'd stop for gas or food and hide a condom along the way. The goal was for some of the other teammembers to find them as they travelled to the tournament.

We stopped at McDonalds in Osseo, WI and got a bite to eat. We hid the condom underneath the hand of the statue of Ronald MacDonald. It was kinda fun! Then I made the WORST decision of the trip: I ate a McGriddle. *remember this*

The trip was nice; a beautiful day for driving. We arrive in Milwaukee, get checked into the hotel, I go work out for a while, and then it's nap time!!

Around 5pm we decide to head to the mall for some shopping and dinner... right now I'm not feeling the best, but figure a good dinner should set me on course. I had a good burger and some tasty fries, but just wasn't feeling right... We head down to registration and say 'hi' to the Milwaukee peeps and I separate myself from the group and head off in search for a Target or drug store. I found a Jewel and got some tummy stuff. The woman at the register was trying to push a certain kind of cookie that was on special and she offered them to me... I took one look at her and said 'I'm in line, I look MISERABLE, and I have Maalox. Do you think I need some cookies?' It clicked. She smiled and got me out of there ASAP.

I headed back to Woody's to join my team and once I hit the smoky bar, I hit the downward spiral of food poisioning... I felt VERY nauseous and had to bolt. Good thing I drove!

I'm gonna spare you the details, but I was sick from 8pm until noon the next day. I had to sleep on the floor outside the bathroom because anywere else was WAY too far away from the facilities... not pretty...

Needless to say I wasn't present for the 8am game. I actually missed the first 3 games of the day... but I finally got some sleep and started to feel better as the morning moved on. THe boys came back to the room at noon and I got my stuff together so I could go out and watch the team play. I got to the field and 'Hey Mike, you're gonna EH this game.'

Ummm... ok... but that went pretty well. I popped up 2 times, but then started smacking some line drives. It was FUN! WE WON!!

Now, I'm into my groove and volunteer to play in the 2nd game of the afternoon. Not only did we win, but I smacked a 3-run homer over the left-fielder's head. WOOT!

When everything was all said and done we ended up taking 4th place in the tourney. Not bad for the team's first out-of-town experience.

I only went out on Sunday night because of the whole food poisoning issue. Of course, the other Team Minnesota boys decide it's a good excuse to get me drunk and I didn't really stop them. We started drinking after our last game (2pm) and we didn't stop until about 2 am.

I was in control most of the night, tho. Arm wrestled a dude at the leather bar and won, slapped Peter a couple of times (don't remember this), took my shirt off (*GASP*), danced in the cage with many different people throughout the night, danced my ASS off, and prayed that Tommy wouldn't blow-chunks on me on the ride back to the hotel....

I got back to the hotel and wanted some water. I head over to the 24 hour market (find out you have to wake someone from their sleep to get in), they didn't answer their phone, walked down to the university and couldn't find anything, so I walked back... grrrr... I think I finally got to bed by 3:30am... waterless...

I woke up in the moring sore, but not hungover... It was a pleasant suprise! The drive home was a long one, but it was a fun weekend!!

I made some good friends and bonded with some of the other Team Minnesota boys.

You know what the BEST part of the whole weekend was? Waking up in the morning to a text message that said 'I miss you.' That ROCKED!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, were you gone?... huh.... I hadn't noticed......

thought things seemed quieter and the air smelled sweeter.....

Go figure.....

LOL!