Monday, September 13, 2004

Bitchiness...

Ok, so we applied for the lower level of the Bryn Mawr duplex and we were supposed to hear about it on Sunday.

Mikey and I went to Hero and when we came out I had a message from the owner. I gave him a call back and didn't catch him, so I drove by the duplex to drop off my application fee.

His wife was home and said she could talk to me about it. Turns out they pulled some report that includes rental history, previous addresses, credit and a summary. My rental history is immaculate, but because my name is common there were 27 possible evictions that came up on this report. That, coupled with recovering credit from my college blow-out, produced a statement on the report that made the owner want me to pay the deposit, and first and last month's rent. They also said we needed to sign a 6-month lease.

They said if this statement (is says 'possible problem renter') appears it's their 'company's policy' that they ask for last month's rent upfront. Umm... They have ONE property and only rent out ONE unit... How can they willingly admit the 27 evictions are probably incorrect, but then blindly follow a rule they've created even tho the source information is bogus?

Now, if I were them, I would call the references on the application (since it asks for them) and verify if I'm a good tenant. We're going to keep looking and try to find something where the owners are a bit more understanding.

This is just SO very frustrating.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hero was EXCELLENT! I'm not much for martial arts movies where they defy gravity and crap like that, but the fight scenes in this movie were in-FUCKING-credible! There is a scene where two women are fighting it out in a grove of trees. It's autumn and the leaves are falling. They are dressed in brilliant red. The colors are ALIVE and beautiful as is the battle.

You should see this movie for the cinematics. It is stunning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maggie cheung was absolutely ravishing in red... gorgeous.

~riye
http://www.thischarmingman.com

Moby said...

Well that sucks! Being a former property manager myself, I always tried to balance the two. Ratings vs my impression of the person(s). I'd also rely heavily on a previous recommendations.

Ain't it creepy how it always happends on the one you want the most!