Friday, June 18, 2004

OK... Just got off the phone with a friend who likes to call and chat while I'm at work. It's al lot of fun and we usually have a good time chatting.

Lately, it seems all of our chats turn against his partner whom he's been with for 6 years. For instance, he wanted to get a tattoo done and his partner had asked if my friend thought it might be a bit too much. My friend said he wanted it, it wouldn't fit into the master plan for his left arm tattoo design, but he wanted it so he put it on his right arm. The attitude that came across was 'I'll do what I want, so fuck you.'

Usually there is nothing wrong with this attitude, but it seemed a rather BIG reaction to a partner's opinion/concern. Aren't partners there to sometimes keep you sane, and play devil's advocate? It seems like my friend took it more as an attack than anything. I just don't understand.

I also have the 'I'll do what I want' attitude, but I also appreciate my friends' advice (even if it's contrary to what I believe).

I seem to be surrounded by 'victims' this softball season. It's wearing me down REAL quick.

I think I need a nap...

Zzzzzzzz...

No comments: