Monday, June 28, 2004

After the draining week, we rolled right into Gay Pride. I was a bit down in the dumps on Friday, but George talked me into hanging out and heading downtown.

Once we got to Fridays to visit Marla I was in a completely different mood. Something about Marla turns my frowns to smiles and peps up my attitude.

So, Marla proceeded to get George and I a little on the 'buzzing' side and we hoofed it over to Bolt. There was a HUGE line , but we decided to wait. And we waited, and waited, and waited some more... Made it halfway up the line and decided to go intot he Rainbow Rooster instead. I LIKE THAT PLACE!!

The barn theme is a little hokey but the music, drinks and food ROCK!! I want to head there for brunch next weekend.

At the bar they have these little machines where you put in a dollar and play an assortment of games. I am the PHOTO HUNT champion. I LOVE that game. It was made even better when I discovered the bartender was trying to get us drunk. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I slept until about Noon on Saturday. The girls let me sleep without whining for food or having to go out and go potty. All they wanted to do was snuggle and sleep. FINE BY ME!

I wandered down to George's and we headed to the park. Lots of people, but not a lot of pretty. I was hoping for a hot guy to come up to me and compliment me on my hair, sunglasses, tattoo, ass... SOMETHING! Didn't happen... Hell.. I didn't even have a half-cute guy come up and say anything... Oh well! It's the nature of the beast. I'm too damned chicken to approach the ones I find attractive, so therefore no one will approach me. *SIGH*

After a good full day in the park, I went home and took a nap, got all gussied-up in my HOT old-school Starsky and Hutch t-shirt and headed to the fundraise at Poters Bar and Grill. They had a raffle for the MN Pediatric AIDS foundation. Good cause so I threw some money at them.

We went down to the Saloon in our big group and began to torment the gays of MN. We decided to hang on the patio and just BS out there. From across the room, Hottub Scott came over and gave me a HUGE hug. Made me feel like a Million bucks! He's very handsome and I just can't get enough of his smile... *mental note* gotta get a hottub date set-up.

Aaron also showed up and decided that he was drunk, so I needed to be since he's my new, self-declared, drinking buddy. I don't mind so much because he's cute and seems to know most of the cute boys in the bar. I like cute boys.

We stayed until the sidewalk sale and after 6 years those haven't changed one bit! For me, it wasn't all that exciting so I headed home to cuddle up with my loves of my life and sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday started off pretty crappy just because it was rainy... ick! Rain should be banned during Pride weekend. I need to call my senator.

George called a gathering before heading down to the park and I was the first to show. Which surprised the crap out of me because I was 45 minutes late!

We munched on chips, pizza, and m&ms... couldn't ask for a better breakfast! Also watched the Making for the French Rugby calendar and let me tell you something: I NEED to move to France an play rugby or at least pretend so I can shower with some of those guys... MMM MMM GOOD!

Down to the park we go, umbrellas drawn, with absolutely NO intention of going down to the Parade. I'm not sure if it's the 36 churches, the 60 different political officials, or the scary men in leather that have turned me off to the parade... Just not in the mood to stand there for 3 hours.

It was pretty cold in the morning (so cold Mickee was actually turning blue) so we walked the park a few times then headed back up to George's for some yummy BBQ sandwiches and some REALLY bad movies on the Sci-Fi channel. If you ever get the chance to watch 'Spiders,' DON'T!!

It's REALLY bad...

We headed back down to the park and then the sun came out. Turned out to be a beautiful day. WE wandered through a few more times and then it was time to do home. The pups needed to be fed. They were VERY lovey and just wanted to snuggle. I gave in. What can I say? I'm a cuddle-junkie.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm incredibly fricken tired, but I had a good weekend after a difficult week. Just want to say 'Thanks' to those who helped me get my mind off things this weekend. Lots of Love!

No comments: