Wednesday, March 30, 2005

A Worthy Cause!

OK... I've decided to walk in the Animals Humane Society's Walk For Animals on April 30th.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I think I can get Eschelon AND Target to match what I raise or at least donate.

I'm going to rephrase what I originally published. It came across too harsh and I feel badly about it...

Try some of these ideas if you're looking for ways to scrap up a donation: Give up pop for a day and give the $5 for an adult dog to stay alive one more day. Ration your smokes over a week and give the $20 so a kitty can get vaccinated. Stay in over the weekend (rent a movie instead of going out) and give the $40 so a stray has a nice warm place to live for a while.

I'm not asking for $100 pledges or even $50 pledges. Just give. Give $2 in nickels if that's what you got lying around. Shake out your couch and donate the change. Handwash your car instead of paying $9 for the super-duper express wash that's only valid with a 6 gallon minimum purchase!!

I, myself, am giving up my eating lunch out for a donation for the kitties. I'm saving up the monies reimbursed to me for the gym, for the puppies. I'm going to re-watch the movies I have instead of renting new ones.

If you can't swing a donation: How about walking with me? Heck, even if you CAN donate and still want to walk with me, let me know! We can figure out a place to meet and car-pool so we don't have to take up a bunch of parking at the walk lot.

I know most of you are probably thinking: Why is this gay man not trying to raise money for cancer, or AIDS, or leukemia? Because there are walks all over the country for those. This walk benefits the animals here in my area. It let's me walk into the shelter and see what the money raised is doing.

Go to their website and look at the reasons why the animals are surrendered... housesoiling, too much energy, too much work. There are a lot of animals that are put too sleep because they can't deal with the animal or it's too much work.

I want to do whatever I can to help those animals get adopted. Please do whatever you can to help too. Please?

E-mail me if you want more info.

1 comment:

No Milk Please said...

it's the owners who don't think about the responsibility of a dog before they get one. and a puppy is NOT a good gift idea for kids! thanks for your efforts in volunteering.