Monday, March 28, 2005

4-wheelin', Shotguns and Marshmallow Peeps...

Not your typical Easter day for me, but I loved it just the same.

My nephews each have their own shotgun, my brother-in-laws have their collections and my father has the 'mother-load.' He only brought out two 20-gagues out, tho.

I started out manning the spring loaded thrower. Threw them out fairly consistantly; some high and a few low. The nephews needed practice just shooting tartets nomally. Then I grabbed my old 20-gauge and Dad took to the thrower. He was launching 2 at a time, some straight up into the air, and from behind a 'blind.' My Dad had a knack for making it challenging, but still fun.

It was a good time and we decimated a case of bio-degradable clay pigeons. My Dad and my brother-in-law both explained to me their plans to change the 2-acre field into a long-range rifle field. They're going to build-up a bank at about 200 yards and Dad just bought a 300-yard rifle. I asked it what he was going to use it for and he just laughed. It was a gift for himself. It didn't have a purpose. He did say he could use it for elk hunting or buffalo,but he has only gone on one elk hunting trip ever.

After our shooting spree, I hopped onto my sister's 4-wheeler and took Dylan back to the house to grab his 4-wheeler. We raced around the Smith Plantation for a while and Dyl tried his hardest to get me all muddy, but I'm just a little smarter than that. :-)

Yuna and Akima came along and played and played and played... they were wiped-out for the ride home. Yuna perked back up once we hit the carwash. She wasn't all that happy with the arm that sprayed the water and stuff on the Vue. She'd start up by me and whimper then as the arm moved around the car, she followed it barking and growling the entire way... it was cute!

Then, about 5 minutes after leaving the carwash, she and her sister were once again passed out... The were awake for 20 minutes when we got home and they crashed again...

I'd take them up there every weekend if I could. They LOVE being able to run run run...

I had hoped to see Mikey last night, but after his busy week I can understand him wanting just to hang out at home. We'll see each other tonight and that'll work for me.

I hope you all had a good weekend!

1 comment:

A BOY & HIS TOY said...

Happy Easter! -Jason