Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Former Partner

Adam apparently gave the stainless steel grill (that he said he'd hold onto until I got to a more permanent place) to his brother. He said he didn't give it to him, but 'let him use it.' (I can only assume his mother had some role in this)

Now, his brother is a nice guy, but i'm not too certain he'd take care of something that wasn't his own. I'm a little worried that if I DO get it back it may be either tampered with or just in poor condition.

I'm going over to Adam's tomorrow night with Carlos and we're going to get my Grandfather's chair and some other mail (2 years old).

When we talked on the phone, things were civil until Adam wanted me to give him money or some sort of restitution for 'taking everything' with me. I found this somewhat offensive because when I told him I was moving out the first words out of his mouth were: 'I want the TV and the DVD player! I'm getting something out of this!' I left with the red dishes I loved, a quesadilla maker, my TV, about half of the movies, my surround sound system, the pups, and the art glass I had collected.

I left him with quite few things that just blended in with the house: 2 tv stands, a TV, dvd player, executive bookshelf system, microwave, stainless shelving system, kitchen prep counter and various tools and such. It was his house so I just wanted to leave with the few things i brought into it.

Granted, he was the primary holder of all furniture and such, but I left without even taking a bed. When the split happens, that's when you ask for concessions... not two years after.

I want my grill back, but if I don't get it i'm not going to freak. I'm just going to be disappointed because he said he'd hang onto it to help me out.

Funny thing is: During one of my moves I lost his pair of softball cleats. I have offered to give him some money to replace them and he didn't even say 'Thank you.'

Amicable separation? I guess not.

UPDATED: I have turned off comments for this post. Adam, go post your story elsewhere. You need to move on and leave me to my life. You may have your opinion/perspective and I'll respect it, but you can post it on your site, not mine.