Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Turkey Day!

Thursday morning, the goodship 'Jazz' will be leaving South Minneapolis and headed for the lovely megalopolis of Zimmerman, MN. I'll be driving, Mikey will be DJ and Carlos will be the animal tamer. Yuna and Akima will be the animals. :-)

My sister is going to be throwing the T-day bash and I'm in charge of bringing the alcohol. This may sound like a bad thing, but I LOVE to get my Mom a little 'loopy'. She cracks me up. Besides, any other member of my family can WALK home to their respective houses within 5 minutes... It's like a Smith plantation but without the tobacco and fancy houses. We promote slavery, however most people refer our slaves as kids, nieces or nephews... *shrugs* To each, their own I guess. :-)

So, I'm fairly certain my sis will whip up the traditional turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry goo, and pumpkin pie. She'll throw in brussel sprouts or something so Terry (my brother-in-law) and I can bitch about how much we HATE them and that they taste like little balls of tin-foil. It's TRADITION!!

Sometimes, my Dad and Terry will protest the traditional turkey and deep fry one... I'm not sure I like this option, but I'll have regular turkey to satisfy me... And my own bowl of stuffing... And 2 pecan pies, one for me to eat then and one to take home and eat by myself. :-)

Can I tell you I just LOVE Thanksgiving??? Eat, play with the pups (there will be 6 there this year), nap, beat on the kids, eat again and then nap again... What could be better???

What are all y'all going?

2 comments:

Moby said...

Headed over to a buds house from work. Its sure to be a day of testorone and turkey. (G) Luckily enough, I just happen to be off Thur/Fri already. Wahoooo!

A BOY & HIS TOY said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I'm going home and I can't wait. 90% of my immediate family will be there and thats been a while. Take pics!-Jason