Monday, November 22, 2004

Getting ready for snowboarding...

So, my sister's in-laws have spent the past 5-6 Thanksgivings with our family and they wanted to return the favor to my family. They took us out to Buca in Maple Grove. We were in the 'Pope' room and had an INCREDIBLE meal... Lots of wine too!! :-)

Afterward, Mikey and I headed over to Sportmart and looked at the snowboarding stuff. This winter we both want to learn how to snowboard and we're hoping it something we'll love to do!!

Many of the jackets we looked at didn't have liners... I really wanted to have one with a liner. I don't know why, but I like them... The ones with liners were up in the $300 range. We DID find some Columbia snowboarding pants on sale for about $60... That's $140 LESS than the ones we were looking at online. WOOT! I LOVE good deals!!

I had also heard that REI was having a winter sale so we scooted down there as well. I found an AWESOME pair of boots but the Voice of Reason (a.k.a. CM) mentioned that I should see if I like snowboarding first before buying boots. :-)

I also found a board that had Optimus Prime on it... I WANT THAT BOARD!! Even if I don't like snowboarding... :-)

We found some Columbia Parkas on sale for $160 but they had fleece liners and no snowguard (the thingy that keeps the snow from going up your back when you fall). We found another that was a bit more, but has a down liner and a snowguard. They were ALSO on sale so we made out like bandits!! I also got a pair of mitts because I have NO winter gloves.

Everything was on sale and this was some of the BEST deal shopping I've done in a while!! I'm so happy with my selections!!

SIDE NOTE: The little shots of 'goo' you can get from PowerBar are NASSSSS-TAY!! We each tried one and ewww... EWWWWWW!!

Now... The only thing I need for Snowboarding are goggles... That's it!! I'll rent the board, bindings, and boots and I'm hoping I fall in LOVE with it!!

1 comment:

Smitty said...

We have some REALLY big holes around Welch that are good for Skiing so... that might work. Afton is close too.