Monday, February 23, 2004

Wow... Just got back from showing my soon-to-be roommate the sofa/sectional I was going to buy for the house and I have now realized that he needs to be in control... YIKES!

He found a sofa at his current roomie's-father's-furniture store. He says it's nice, but I haven't seen it. It very well could be nice, but I'm thinking I'd rather spend my money on something I'm going to be stuck with for 7-10 years. In short, I want to pick it out...

The last time we went to this place all he wanted were some fairly 'unique' couches. I wasn't a fan. So I'm not optimistic...

It also came across today that the sofa would be MY purchase, but he wanted to tell me what I can and cannot buy. He also said he doesn't like ottomans, chaise returns on sofas, and contemporary style. Good thing I didn't tell him about the ottoman I want to get that is VERY cool, but contemporary.... 2 strikes against me...

I don't think he understands that the livingroom and the Dining room are essentially one big room and they needs to coordinate. He's going to purchase a dining set (which he's never seen) from his Mom and a 'bunch of antiques' to accessorize with. This leads me to believe that the dining set is going to be very traditional and I'm not going to like it.

*SIGH*

So, I guess the issue is: Do I just order the sofa and put it in my space and let him decorate the rest of the house? I'm thinking that would be the easiest...

Input please!

No comments: