Thursday, February 12, 2004

Well... this crappy cold seems to be going the way of the Dodo, THANK GOD! I spent most of my day yesterday blowing my nose, but it seems to have helped. Still sniffling, but better! WOOT!

Anyway, I was playing Neverwinter Nights (as my FABULOUS Sorceress/Paladin) and *DING-DONG* the doorbell rings. I answer the door and find one of our neighbors standing there. 'Your dogs are loose again,' He says. Quickly turns and runs away.

I look across the street and see Yuna scooting through a neighbor's yard. I step out onto the step and yell: 'YUNA, AKIMA'

I think my voice had a sense of presence yesterday... it (coupled with the phlegm and stuffiness) carried through the neighborhood and scared the CRAP out of the girls. They made a bee-line for the back yard and apparently Akima isn't as graceful as she thought when it comes to the fence. It took her 4 tries to get back over into our yard. You'd think they'd learn.

I let them out later while Rocky was out snowblowing and they decided to make another run for the border... this time the neighbors came over and chewed Rocky out for letting the pups run. Oops... Sorry Rocky!!

I've decided that some of our neighbors are 'not-so-much'. The neighbor directly to the west of us decided to hit Yuna with his snow-shovel. I didn't care for that too much. Especially because I was standing right there and on my way out to get the pups and bring them in. Maybe I should save up all their poo and drop it on his doorstep as a going away present!! :-)

NAH! I don't want to make things sour with him for Cindi. She 's been a saint through the whole deal and I couldn't do that to her.

Due to my illness, I got some quality gaming time in yesterday. I played Neverwinter nights a while, but after the power flickered on and off for the 3rd time, I decided to stop.

Once Zakk got home I plugged in my Gamecube and started on Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. It's got some GREAT features and the game play is VERY different from the turn-based FF that I'm used to, but I'm still looking for a story to follow. I understand that I take my caravan to go collect myrrh and once the chalice is full I get to celebrate in my hometown. But, what's next? Oh, you mean I get to take my caravan out again and find more myrrh??? That's it???

The bosses get tougher, but it's still VERY repetitive. I think the most enjoyable part of it is trying to find all of the Moogle Houses. They live in VERY out-of-the-way places, but when you find them they can stamp your moogle card. Once you collect all the stamps in a set, you get to play a cool little mini-game.

I'm still going to keep an open mind, but my first impression hasn't been all that good. I'll let you know tomorrow.

No comments: