Wednesday, July 14, 2004

OMFG!

OK... Before I rant I wanted to apologize for being so negative lately, but this rant may shed some light on it. (Joey, I'm sorry for being down and crabby)

-----------------------------------------

I have been stressed about my job for some time now. I NEED a new one and hopefully one that pays more. To make up some of the slack, I have a part-time job at Target. I simply just stock the shelves, run from here-to-there answering questions and stand around and look pretty.

I've been there for 3 years and everyone praises me on how glad they are that I still work there, how hard I work, and how I can run the store when everyone else is on break...

I asked last night if it would be possible to scale back my working hours because I seem to be ill and worn out ALL the time lately. The HR exec said, 'If it were up to me, I'd say no. You'll need to ask Scott.' WTF?!?! This coming from the woman that falls to my feet when I come in beaus she knows shit will get done. Whatever, Heather...

So, I put in a formal request and have to wait for Scott to approve or deny the change.

In light of the attitude I had just witnessed, I decided to try a little experiment for the evening. Ususally, I have my own method for managing my departments and making sure I will be done with my work by 10pm. I'm a rock-star about it.

I decided last night that I would simply follw the direction of the Team Leads and LOD's and stick to what their 'plan' for the evening was. So, I picked up my stray (this is the stuff people leave in the wrong place around the store or returns) and started putting that away. Then I was told that pets needed to be restocked. So I did that. Electronics got a little busy so I helped out. Took a couple guest calls. Went back to pets and *poof* it's 8:30pm... hmmmm...

I asked for my break (because everyone else takes theirs and then some) and took a quick one to down a short can of Pringles. Went back out and the Team leads ask, 'So, is the far side done?' I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life.

The toy department looked like it was x-mas time, all of the patio stuff is clearance and was a mess, and health and beauty was completely a shambles. So, I just started working my way through toys and cleaning some of the shit up and the team lead decide to come over and tell me what to do. I take it all in stride, because I want them to show me how incompetent they are.

When everything was all said and done, I walked out of the building at 10:45pm... Should have been 10:00pm on the nose. It was one of our better staffed nights and we fell flat on our faces.

I am SOOOOO tired of that place. One of the few redeeming qualities is it's the 'gay' Target. I get a lot of eye candy coming through, but no date offers yet. DAMN IT!

Aiight... I'm done bitching...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Humm kinda goes back to the dating comment I made, You need to take charge of your life and destiny and not let others do it for you nor mis direct you. You are not the kind of person to be told you take stand and usually do it yourself for the sake of getting it done. Be more positive hold your head up and life will get better. You always have to remember that it could always be worse and for the most part your doing well. Don't ever be afraid to try to make things better you might be surprised at the results. Don't ever feel threatened by the future, take life one day at a time, don't feel guilty about the past whats done is done just learn from any mistakes you might have made. Don't ever forget that you can achieve so many of the things you can imagine, it's not as hard as it may seem. Finally--- Don't ever stop loving, believing or dreaming your dreams

Anonymous said...

Oh, the positive powers of catharsis...nothing like a good rant now and then. Hope you're feeling better. My advice: keep on truckin'! Whenever I'm wound a little tightly, I like to put on a wig, play some Cher and dance my little hiney off. If you don't have a wig, try a towel or a scarf. Whatever works, I guess...

Here's to a better today!

WANDA

Smitty said...

Thanks for the good words you two. I plan on dancing this weekend... hell, I might even sing a song at Karoke!!

Anonymous said...

OK, which Target is the gay Target? I'm guessing the Nicollet Mall one, but I could be wrong.

I do know that the lesbian Target is the one on University & Hamline.

--42

Smitty said...

Targay is the one in SLP across from the Byerlys. Hwy 100 and 36th. I have NEVER worked a shift without seeing at least a gaggle of faggles coming through.

J said...

got booty?

i'm telling you bro, you just ain't gettin' (read, puttin') enough.

that's what friends are for... they give you booty.

:-)