Monday, November 07, 2005

Even Shorter...

Now weekends seem even shorter!

This was my first weekend with Mikey working his 3pm-Midnight shift.

It was a fairly lonely week, communicating through text messages while he's at work. Our weekend starts with me at Target. He comes in and eats lunch with me and we make comments about all the 'hot' and 'not-so-hot' people that come in. :D

Then I finish up work at 3pm, bee-line it to home, and play my game a bit. I call him, work out a plan and then we spend our time together...

It's going to be an adjustment, but we're already one week into it and I'm pretty sure we'll make it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the feelings you are having. My partner started a new job out of town today - It's about 35 minutes drive away - but we'll only communicate via text messaging and occasional cell phone calls during the days. Longer or different hours will prevent us from being together as much as we have in the past.

I know what you are going through and it sucks.

It's going to be an adjustment for sure, but at least your already one week into it and we are just starting today.

I'm pretty sure we'll make it...but it will be different for sure.

Good luck to you guys...